I Moved My Website

I have transferred everything from this site to howtoforcomputers.com. Please check it out and give me some feedback.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Openning RAR and other archives

I have had a couple of questions on how to open RAR file archives. You will normally come across it after downloading a file from the web. It is like a ZIP but more compressed. For Windows users, I would suggest using an open source application called Izarc. Izarc is a compression/decompression peice of software that I really like. It is basically a free version of winZIP or WinRAR. You can download it by going to Izarc's download page Once downloaded and installed, Simply open the archive that needs to be opened with Izarc. Izarc is also a great file compressor that I use when I need to back up anything on my computer. Thanks for reading and email me or post a response if you have any questions or comments.

No comments: